I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! After spending some time with family yesterday, today was about relaxing and a bit of Stampin’ Up! I am preparing for a Stampin’ retreat being hosted by a wonderful Stampin’ Up! demonstrator from my area. Each year she hosts a Stampin’ Getaway from Friday evening through Sunday afternoon – that’s right, over 36 hours straight of Stampin’ Up! This will be my first year going and I am super excited! The theme for this year is “50 Shades of Color” and it looks like we’ll have the opportunity to make a card or project in each of Stampin’ Up!’s 50 colors. I can’t wait to come back and share with you my creations and fun times!
I’m also preparing to teach a class while at the Stampin’ Getaway about the new Blendabilities markers by Stampin’ Up! The Blendabilities markers are alcohol based markers that are sold in three packs in various different colors. They are used for blending and shading and when using them with Stampin’ Up! stamp sets and Whisper White cardstock give a beautiful result. I’ll be posting more about the Blendabilities markers soon!
In preparing for the Getaway, I made a card using the Blendabilities markers. While I was happy with the stamped image and the coloring, placing the image directly against the Rich Razzleberry background just didn’t work. I needed to add a little something.
In comes the Woodgrain Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (TIEF) on Crumb Cake cardstock to the rescue!
What is a TIEF you say? It’s an embossing folder that can be used with the Big Shot machine or new Texture Boutique Machine. You place the cardstock into the folder and run it through either machine. The end result is a textured (embossed) image on your cardstock. You can use it as a background (as I did) or as part of your stamped image.
What do you think? I think the Woodgrain complements the vases nicely and fills in a space that needed a little something! Over the next few posts I’ll be talking more about adding a little something, including ribbon, rhinestones and other embellishments to either complete your project or to give it that “WOW” factor!
I hope you have a wonderful week! Thank you for visiting – as the card says, “You’re a Whole Lot of Wonderful”!
- Rich Razzleberry cardstock (Item #115316) cut to card base size (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″) and scored at 4-1/4″
- Woodgrain TIEF (Item #127821)
- Crumb Cake cardstock (Item #120953) cut to 5″ x 3-3/4″
- Texture Boutique Machine (Item #132657*) or Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine (Item #113439)
- Vivid Vases Stamp Set (Item #133818)
- Whisper White cardstock (Item #100730) cut to 4″ x 3″
- Memento Pad in Tuxedo Black (Item #132708)
- Blendabilities Markers (to be released soon!)
- Cut and score your Rich Razzleberry cardstock to card base size, scoring at 4-1/4″
- Cut the Crumb Cake cardstock to the size shown above and place inside the Woodgrain TIEF. Run the TIEF through the Texture Boutique Machine or Big Shot Die-Cutting Machine, per the instructions provided for each machine.
- Using the Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad, stamp the Vivid Vases image onto your Whisper White cardstock.
- Color the image using your Blendabilities markers. (Note: the image above is a suggestion – be creative and have fun!)
- Adhere the Whisper White cardstock to the Crumb Cake embossed cardstock
- Adhere to the card base. Congratulations on your new, gorgeous creation!
*Note: The Texture Boutique Machine will be released with the upcoming 2014-2015 Annual Catalog on June 2nd.